Exactly how to change a BROKEN EQUIPMENT to fix a Macintosh SONY MFD-75W-01G 1.44 MEGABYTES saggy drive and also oil making use of Molykote EM-30L oil (and also a bit of SuperLube PTFE oil). Very same equipment is utilized in Apple 800K saggy drives also.
– Vintage Apple Macintosh Enthusiasts: https://bit.ly/2YgpDRb.
– 68kMLA: http://68kmla.org.
– Vintage Macintosh Restoration & Preservation: https://bit.ly/2XKFzfK.
☠ ROM-inator II (for SE/30 or Mac II): https://bit.ly/3j7xAkO
olePigeon Patch ROM (Turbo040 suitable): https://bit.ly/2EjCBrr
( I set the olePigeon ROM data to my ROM-inator II.).
EQUIPMENT & THINGS TO BUY:
♂ NOTE: Amazon appears out of some points today, so I included alternative EBAY web links.
– Italian-made shaped Gear on EBAY: https://ebay.to/2FhBCs5
– EM-30L Grease (AMAZON): https://amzn.to/2DZRdvX
– EM-30L Grease (EBAY): https://ebay.to/3la47IM
– Super Lube PTFE Oil 51010: https://amzn.to/2ANvXI7
⚠ CAUTION: Don’t blend EM-30L with SuperLube oil.
– Super Lube 21030 Synthetic PTFE Grease (NOT Silicone!): https://amzn.to/3j2xV88
– 99% ISO Alcohol: https://amzn.to/39IAnPy
– 99.9% ISO Alcohol: https://amzn.to/2MkjS3h
– 99% ISO Alcohol: https://amzn.to/2YsK8v3
Due to the fact that it’s usually out of supply, ♂ 3 alcohol selections. 70% will certainly function, 91% is much better, yet 99% is best for electronic devices cleaning up.
– 4.3″ LCD Microscope: https://amzn.to/2VQVXwU
– Anti-static pad with Wrist Strap (16×24″/ 41x61cm): https://amzn.to/3bfAE9Z
– Wall outlet Ground adapter for banana-jack Wrist Strap: https://amzn.to/2Yvq5ge
– Torx T15 with LONG neck (to open up Mac): https://amzn.to/2ScAskx
– Bulldog Clip (practical to tear off back situation): https://amzn.to/2H7lIhF
– Cotton Swab for head cleansing
– Soldering iron with ° F-only LCD & Solder Kit (80W, affordable!): https://amzn.to/36BYi0K
– Soldering Station (120W, ESD risk-free): https://amzn.to/30g1Frt
– HAKKO (Japanese) Soldering Station (70W ceramic core): https://amzn.to/2YvIo42
– Solder (Leaded Rosin Core 1.6 mm): https://amzn.to/2vEdxal
– Desoldering wick: https://amzn.to/3iMAnA5
♂ TIP: Set welding torch temperature level to 350 ° C. Don’t make use of lead-free solder.
KEEP IN MIND: Your rate coincides also if you do not utilize my Affiliate web links over, however if you do kindly acquisition within 24 hrs of clicking my web links, a tiny payment will certainly be paid that sustains this Channel.
1:56 EBAY Gears Compared
5:35 Italian Gears
9:34 1.44 MEGABYTES Drive Mechanism
10:25 Molykote vs. SuperLube
12:24 Gearbox Lube & Gear Replacement
16:47 Drive Lube
25:05 Closing Thoughts
ASSISTANCE THIS CHANNEL.
Molycote EM-30L Grease Specs: https://bit.ly/2UpxNph.
Be certain to enjoy my 800K Lube & Recapping video clip to see great deals of information I do not reveal in the above video clip: https://youtu.be/sy6JWEerHQc
MacEffects CLEAR CASE for SE & SE/30: https://bit.ly/3j19wjp
MOUSER Cart to change electrolytic Capacitors: https://bit.ly/3fZzuBR
⚠ Before you get this cart, inspect your 1.44 MEGABYTES drive’s capacitance worths so you can validate your drive is the very same as my 1.44 MEGABYTES drive. Not all the capacitors are the exact same as 800K drive capacitors, so be careful if likewise purchasing for an 800K drive. See my 800K drive video clip for information on just how to go around evaluating, because the area of capacitors is the exact same on the 800K and also 1.44 MEGABYTES drives.
SIMPLE THANKS to Paypal factor Riki Moir (August 2020)!
UNIQUE THANKS to Joe (jjclay at 68kMLA), for giving away a bathtub of Molykote EM-30L.
⚠ Before you acquire this cart, inspect your 1.44 MEGABYTES drive’s capacitance worths so you can validate your drive is the exact same as my 1.44 MEGABYTES drive. Not all the capacitors are the exact same as 800K drive capacitors, so be cautious if additionally getting for an 800K drive. You must likewise think about wrapping up various other boards also so you can include those capacitors to obtain your equilibrium high sufficient to certify for totally free delivery. I make no compensation at all on Mouser Carts. See my 800K drive video clip for information on just how to go around summarizing, considering that the area of capacitors is the exact same on the 800K and also 1.44 MEGABYTES drives.
#Apple #floppydrive #Macintosh #JDW.