It is VERY vital to guarantee the capacitor utilized is non-polarised, as well as high adequate voltage for the amp. If in question, go high voltage cap like 400v+, and also reduced farad ranking, claim 2.2 uF. If screening high power amplifiers, be cautious not to touch the cable coming from the audio speaker terminals as it will certainly have extremely high voltage sine wave on it!
Detect amplifier clipping WITHOUT DD-1! Cheap simple clip detector
More from Capacitors & Components VideosMore posts in Capacitors & Components Videos »
- How to Test a Capacitor with a Multimeter and LCR Meter
- module 3.2 – High-frequency behaviour of components – Capacitors, inductors, resistors
- What is capacitance? The 3 Effects of Capacitance – The 2-Minute Guru (s2e8)
- Blowing up Capacitors at 187,000FPS
- Capacitors and Kirchhoff: Crash Course Physics #31