There are 10 47uF caps on an SE/30 motherboard: C1, C3, C4, C5, C7, C8, C9, C10, C12, C13.
Understand which caps must be changed, what the leading brand names are, exactly how to utilize the Mouser internet site as well as review the capacitor requirements. See just how I choose caps for the Macintosh SE/30 motherboard.
I do not like fluid electrolytes, so I directly will not make use of Polymer “Hybrid” Aluminum Electrolytics; yet I detailed that Hybrid cap since it practically will function great and also transcends to a routine light weight aluminum electrolytic.
SE/30 MOTHERBOARD CAPACITORS.
Instead than provide you a Mouser Cart for the SE/30 motherboard, I rather give web links listed below to specific capacitors on Mouser. That offers you flexibility to select a Can-shaped capacitor for a supply appearance, or your favored tantalum.
For the “supply appearance,” choose the “Panasonic OS-CON.” They have the most affordable ESR, however leak is two times Polymer Tantalum.
Desire the most affordable Leakage Current? Opt for the “Kemet SOLID 25V Mid-height.”.
If you desire the best Tantalum listed below, in regards to being much safer from a voltage spike that could eliminate the cap, the “AVX Polymer 25V Full-height” is suitable, albeit a little bit expensive. Also a 16V Polymer Tantalum is “secure” with the SE/30 motherboard’s 12V however, so practically any one of the Polymer Tantalums listed below are great selections for that application.
2:47 Which Caps to Replace
7:53 How to Choose Replacements
10:29 Measure Capacitance with an LCR Meter
13:15 Measure Physical Size with Calipers
18:45 Substitute Radials for Axials?
20:49 Buying Online: Mouser & Digi-Key
28:27 What is RoHS?
36:06 Capacitor Brands
40:05 Practical Example: SE/30 Motherboard
1:06:50 Organic Polymer Capacitors & “Hybrids”.
1:11:50 Closing Words.
47uF 16V Polymer Aluminum Electrolytic Caps:.
– United-CC HYBRID! CAN-shape: https://bit.ly/3piGizK.
– Panasonic OS-CON CAN-shape: https://bit.ly/37IlZWj.
– Nichicon CAN-shape: https://bit.ly/3nNl50j.
– Wurth CAN-shape (High yet inexpensive Leakage!): https://bit.ly/3phJyvc.
– Murata Flat-shape (High Leakage! Harder to Solder!): https://bit.ly/3rh03tf.
47uF Tantalum Caps:.
– Kemet Polymer 20V Short (more challenging to solder): https://bit.ly/3aCu7ta.
– AVX Polymer 25V Full-height: https://bit.ly/3aHCvrH.
– AVX Polymer 16V Full-height: https://bit.ly/3nJ8nzR.
– AVX Polymer 25V Short (tougher to solder, yet less expensive than Full-Size listed below): https://bit.ly/3mqIJhP.
– Kemet SOLID 25V Mid-height: https://bit.ly/3riiC0d.
Console5 caps (inquire for Tantalum p/n’s): https://bit.ly/2LZpI9r.
Continuing to be 3 caps:.
– C6: 1uF 50V Polymer Tantalum: https://bit.ly/3pjk3cU.
– C2: 470uF Axial: https://bit.ly/38tPlXF.
Select just 1 of the complying with for C11 due to the fact that there are 2 Lead Spacing variations (inspect your SE/30 motherboard to discover which you require):.
– C11 (for 20mm lead-spacing openings): 220uF Axial Cap (8mm size): https://bit.ly/3pivCkm.
– C11 (for 33mm lead-spacing openings): 220uF Axial Cap (6.5 mm size): https://bit.ly/2WuQprW.
SE/30 Schematics: https://tinyurl.com/y7tn62h4.
⚡ SE/30 Audio Circuit VOLTAGES: https://tinyurl.com/y88etn8u.
⚠ There are 13 caps in total amount on the SE/30 motherboard: 10pcs of 47uF as well as 1pc each of 1uF & 470uF & 220uF. The 4pcs of 47µF which see 12V are: C3, C4, c10 & c9.
– Vintage Apple Macintosh Enthusiasts: https://bit.ly/2YgpDRb.
– TinkerDifferent: http://tinkerdifferent.com.
– Vintage Macintosh Restoration & Preservation: https://bit.ly/2XKFzfK.
Blowing up Tantalum Capacitor clip thanks to Lindhtech Light & Magic, Stockholm: https://youtu.be/BDpSX_jvZag.
Instead than offer you a Mouser Cart for the SE/30 motherboard, I rather supply web links listed below to specific capacitors on Mouser. – Murata Flat-shape (High Leakage! The Polymer really gradually deteriorates over time, yet warm increases that destruction!
Amazon.com (United States) Affiliate Links:.
– Mitutoyo Calipers: https://amzn.to/2WHRARF.
– DE-5000 * Handheld LCR Meter: https://amzn.to/2ScttJz.
ASSISTANCE THIS CHANNEL.
Understand which caps must be changed, what the leading brand names are, exactly how to make use of the Mouser internet site and also review the capacitor specs. See exactly how I choose caps for the Macintosh SE/30 motherboard.
#capacitors #electronics #MacintoshSE 30 #JDW.
⚠ SOLDERING ADVICE! Maintain your 300 ° C to 350 ° C welding torch time to 3 secs or much less for either side of the capacitor, particularly for Polymer kinds! The Polymer extremely gradually weakens in time, however warm speeds up that destruction!
Outstanding video clip clarifying X & Y Safety Capacitors: https://youtu.be/fQSlo1zmAlA.
Capacitor Life CALCULATOR: https://bit.ly/3EDQlbg.
✴ NOTE: CAN-shaped Polymer Aluminum Electrolytics like OS-CON have greater leak present than Polymer Tantalum, and also a lot greater leak than Solid Tantalum or normal fluid-filled Aluminum Electrolytics. That leak specification does not matter for the SE/30 MEGABYTES, yet is a concern in circuits where reduced power issues, like battery-powered gadgets.